What time is the service?
We have 3 services each Sunday – 8:30 AM, 10:00 AM, and 11:30 AM.
What do I do when I get here?
After you park in the lower lot, head to the entrance. As you walk into the lobby you can check out a few things about us at the Welcome Center. If you have a few minutes before the service, you can grab a cup of coffee or snack in the family life center – just look for the signs. If you have children we will help you connect them to our children’s ministry where they can experience a service designed just for them.
How long is the service?
Each service runs approximately 65-70 minutes. No matter when you come you will experience a worship time that includes music and a relevant message from God’s Word.
How do I know if SHCC is the church for me?
No matter your background or beliefs, you are invited to come just as you are. We believe that the Christian faith isn’t about a religion, but a relationship with Jesus. If you want to know more about what we believe as a church, please scroll down.
It is exciting to be a part of a church that has a vision – a picture of a preferable future. The following expresses our vision (where we believe God is taking us), our mission (how we are going to get there), and our core values (the principles that guide the journey).
"To become an irresistible church to God by passionately pursuing Jesus and challenging others to do the same"
to WALK as Jesus walked ..
Attract others to Jesus
Live transformed lives
Keep our focus on Jesus
By God's grace, at SHCC . . .
- The Bible is our Authority
- Maturity is Expected
- We are Stewards not Owners
- Our Community and World Matter
- Excellence is Evident
Seymour Heights Christian Church was founded in 1974, when a small group of approximately 15 people felt a God-given call to start a church to reach people for Christ in the growing Seymour area.
Here we are over forty years later, continuing to make a difference in the lives of people and our community as we passionately pursue Jesus and challenge other people to do the same.
We understand many people check out a church online or visit a church with a lot of questions. Questions are not bad. We believe you should have questions when checking out a church. The following are some of the things that we hold essential to understanding and being in relationship with God and our church is structured around that foundation.
- We Believe in one God–Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Matthew 3:16–17; John 14:9–10
- We Believe God is the creator of all people and all things. Genesis 1:1; Acts 17:24–28
- We Believe in Jesus Christ, God's only Son and Savior of the world. John 3:16; Matthew 1:18; John 20:24–31
- We Believe the Holy Spirit dwells within every Christian. John 16:5–15
- We Believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God and the final authority for all matters of faith. Romans 15:4; Hebrews 4:12; 2 Timothy 3:16
- We Believe that man and woman, created by God, willfully sinned, and as a result, is lost and without hope apart from Jesus Christ. Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 1 John 1:7
- We Believe salvation (the forgiveness of sins) comes by grace through the blood of Jesus Christ (His death on the cross). Matthew 26:28; Romans 5:8–11; Ephesians 2:8–9
- We Believe the Bible teaches that the pattern to follow to receive Jesus as Savior is to believe in Christ as God's Son and Savior of the world, to repent of personal sin, to confess Christ as Lord, and to be immersed in baptism. Luke 24:45–47; Acts 2:38; Romans 6:1–7; 2 Peter 3:9
- We Believe the church is the body and bride of Christ, founded on the day of Pentecost, consisting of all Christians everywhere. Matthew 16:13–18; Acts 2:14–47
- We Believe it is God's plan for the elders to shepherd the local church. Acts 20:28; 1 Timothy 3:1–7; 1 Peter 5:1–4
- We Believe death seals the eternal destiny of each person. The saved will inherit eternal life; the unsaved, eternal separation from God. Romans 8:10–11; Daniel 12:2; John 6:47
- We believe the Bible teaches that God intends for marriage to be a monogamous, life-long loving relationship between a man and a woman and that His design for sex is exclusively within the context of a Biblical marriage. Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:6; Genesis 1:28; 9:7
Seymour Heights Christian Church gives 15% of the money collected each year to Kingdom work both here and abroad.